Saturday 4 February 2017

'Less Is More' with Ethical Fashion - #5DaysChallenge from People Tree

Day 1 & 2


I discovered ethical fashion a few months ago when I was attracted by the 'relaxed' look of a local shop in Exeter. When I entered, I was even more fascinated not only by the products but also by the stories and the people behind them too. When I bought a bracelet and a notebook and I was told that if I wanted the receipt, they can send it to me via email as they'd prefer not to use paper to print it, I was totally won over. I got home and I started to do more research into what exactly ethical fashion means.



Day 3 + 5 items

I found out that I have been buying ethical fashion items before without necessarily knowing it. It turns out that "ethically sourced organic" is one of the features of the brands I have been buying from. Next, I discovered People Tree and I immediately took advantage of the sale offer they had at the time and bought a lovely dress and a very pretty t-shirt. From there to taking part in the #5DaysChallenge it was just a matter of purchasing three more items. As I needed a white shirt and as one can never have enough jewellery and accessories, the next thing I knew, I was taking part in the challenge.

Day 4 & 5
The rule was simple: five items (three clothing garments, one accessory and one piece of jewellery), five days using a combination of the five items or any other ethical or vintage items you may have. The idea was to prove that 'less is more' and with the same garments you can create different looks for different days. Ethical fashion is durable and classic so you don't have to buy new clothes every season. I have been known for investing more in good quality clothing pieces and using certain items for several years, so ethical fashion is right up my street. As for 'less is more', if you look at the posted photos, I think I proved it. What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea, I too have been a bit of an ethical buyer without really knowing it. I have a few items of clothing that can either be dressed 'up' or 'down' and can be used for every season.
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually informative idea.Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. swimsuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Vegan Clothing Brand UK

    ReplyDelete