Sunday 19 February 2017

I Like Big Cakes and I Can Not Lie

After a year of starving eating healthily and sweating-my-curves-off exercising and only losing 1 stone (I was hoping for 1¾), I came to the following conclusion:


This was one of my Facebook posts in the last weeks and neither statement is far from the truth. While I found that I put on weight very easily and I lose it far too slowly (don't get me wrong, I know the math behind it) sometimes I just want to give up and eat those cakes that I tried so hard to forget existed. My craving for cakes is fairly recent as I wasn't a sweets person. I am still not much of a chocoholic, nor icecream-cholic, but I do like cakes. The bigger, the better. The more calories, the yummiest. Coffee cakes, velvet cupcakes, caramel cakes, brownies - you name it, I like it!

After suffering from giving up cakes due to my weight gain, I started to look into alternatives and this is how I came across the no bake and raw vegan cakes which are perfect for me (and hopefully they have less calories). I don't bake (I normally buy cakes from the shops) and I don't like spending too much time in the kitchen so when I found the recipe for this raw chocolate tart, I thought I would give it a try. And I did, and it was delicious, and it looked just like the one in the picture! Next time I'll make it, I will post my own version (I tweaked it a little bit) and a picture. 

This is how I decided to give it a go at no bake and raw vegan cakes and try a new recipe every (other) weekend. Here is this weekend's cake - Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie and below is the 'making of' in pictures.  

The ingredients
The base and the filling
Raw vegan pumpkin pie + playing with patterns
Having a slice
As the coconut flavour was too strong for me, I decided
to add a dark chocolate coating with pecans and almond flakes

If you have the same craving like me, how do you fight it? Feel free to post your tips and cake ideas 😊 .

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that does look nice. I have to admit chocolate is my downfall more than cake, although if I haven't had a cake in a while and I'm offered a slice... well, you can guess the outcome! I love your idea though of taking control by satisfying your cake-cravings by making (and eating!) healthier cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes nice too, but I think that in the future I will replace the coconut oil with low fat mascarpone cheese as I am not vegan and the coconut flavour could be a bit too strong for my taste. The good thing is that those cakes are very satisfying and I don't feel the need to have a second slice. Result! :)

      Delete